His Lumps

Will.i.am has hit the stage, kicking out that weird track where he converted an Obama speech into an awful piece of sonic sludge thats neither spoken word nor music. It's just a simple political speech, but ol' William wants to make it into MLK's "I have a dream" piece of oration.

That seems to be a theme here -- to make tonight's nomination speech be MLK Part Deux. It falls on the 40th anniversary of said event, of course. But Mr. King kicked out stuff from his heart. I doubt a politician and their robotic, generic rhetoric can ever reach such heights. Although this is Mile High Stadium. Hmmm.

Before he exits the stage, William tells everyone to "go out and vote for Obama".

Don't know about you, but I know whenever William told me to cop his solo album or anything from the Fergie-led Black Eyed Peas, I made sure to avoid it like the Ryan Seacrest Plague.

Could he be a special operative for the McCain campaign?